After a successful launch of the Cygnus Ray-ZR scooter, India Yamaha Motor (IYM) Pvt. Ltd. has now introduced new color options to its portfolio. Retaining its best-seller features, the new variant actively adopts futuristic look and gives it a modern spin while expressing the strength of a well-trained physique through external appearance. The design realizes the Real Boys’ Scooter concept by balancing the deeply-sculpted and powerful front mask, effortlessly-layered straight lines, and tail surround accentuated with a sense of speed. The Cygnus Ray-ZR is powered by an air-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 2-valve, 113 cc, “BLUE CORE” engine.
Other highlights include :
1) A lightweight body (103 kg) and offers user-friendliness.
2) an engine with high combustion efficiency to offer among the best fuel efficiency in its class at 66 km/L* (*under standard test conditions)
3) Plenty of storage space (21 liters under seat storage)
4) Well designed instrument cluster with excellent readability even at night
5) Tubeless tyres. The model is now available in five eye-catching colors – Armada Blue (Disc), Matt Green (Disc/Drum), Maverick Blue (Disc/Drum), Rooster Red (Disc) along with the existing Darknight Edition (Disc) to fulfill the needs of trend-conscious young riders.
Till date, India Yamaha Motor (IYM) Pvt. Ltd. has enhanced its scooter lineup in Indian market by consistently launching products that respond to a wide variety of user needs, such as the Cygnus Ray Z targeted to young people, the family-oriented Cygnus Alpha and the fashion scooter Fascino. Mr. Roy Kurian, Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Yamaha Motor India Sales Pvt. Ltd. added, “As the two-wheeler industry recorded a growth of almost 8% in the year 2017, the scooters segment maintained its growth momentum at 12%. The brand has been able to make steady inroads and will rev hearts with many more exciting products, particularly targeted at trend conscious young customers. By introducing new colors in Cygnus Ray ZR, the company will look forward to reinstate fresh excitement in this segment.”