Yamaha Motor India launched the new versions of the successful FZ Series in the Indian market. The FZ Version 2.0 and FZ-S Version 2.0 get substantial updates. The launch took place in the capital city of India Delhi, and the new models were unveiled by the long standing brand ambassador Bollywood actor John Abraham in the presence of Mr Masaki Asano, Managing Director and Mr. Roy Kurian, Vice President, Yamaha Motor India Sales Pvt. Ltd.
The new FZ series is equipped with a new air-cooled 149cc 4-stroke, SOHC, single-cylinder fuel-injected engine with Yamaha’s New Generation Engine Development Ideal – ‘Blue Core’ featuring improved performance, higher fuel efficiency, acceleration and lower emissions.
The key new features on the 2014 FZ series include
(1) New 149cc engine which offers class-leading acceleration with 14% improvement in fuel economy and compliant with BS IV emission standards. The engine is carved from the existing 153cc block for balanced performance.
(2) Fuel injection first in the 150cc class and light weight (lightest in 150cc class) to enhance engine performance.
(3) Newly Designed Tandem Seat & Grab bar for good rider comfort – This is definitely a good change as the small rear seat was uncomfortable for the pillion especially for long riders.
(4) Multi-function instrument panel featuring an “ECO Indicator” that lights up when the machine is ridden in an eco-friendly manner . The new feature will help to draw higher mileage, a factor where the FZ lacked and gave an average of 35-40 kms in real riding conditions. The instrument has large a liquid crystal display where you can read the speed, engine RPM,gauge, fuel gautodometer, trip meter and in gear indicator.
(5) New front and rear suspension settings
(6) New Chassis-related changes for a light, agile ride
(7) New Front and Rear tires for improved handling stability.
The exteriors are spruced up and possess a design that reflects Yamaha’s philosophy of ‘Refined Dynamism’. A slightly modified headlight, new tank extensions, new tail lamp, split seat, new exhaust cover and rear hugger above the tyre give the bike and overall new and fresh look.
The FZ is priced at Rs. 76,250 and will be available in Panther Black & Scorching Red colour options.
The FZS is priced at Rs. 78,250 and will be available in Astral Blue, Moonwalk White, Cyber Green & Molten Orange colour options.
With the launch of these new models targeted at young men between the ages of 18-30, the company hopes to see a steep growth in the customer base, especially keeping in mind the mileage conscious target audience. The new FZ Version 2.0 and FZ-S Version 2.0 will be available in the market beginning July 2014.
The FZ Series motorcycles were first introduced in 2008 and went on to win a following primarily among trend-conscious young men. Yamaha currently has a 16.2% market share in the deluxe segment and the new launches just before the festive season could help to boost sales.