As reported a few days back, Yamaha Motor India had planned a big event for today and we expected a launch to happen in the form of a new 125cc scooter. However, there was no launch of any new product and the Japanese two wheeler major unveiled its maiden brand mascot to promote the first of its kind Yamaha Children Safety Program.
Yamaha India initiated a step in the direction of spreading awareness among people to deal with road safety measures. Today a mascot was introduced for the target audience, in the age group of 5-12yrs, to impart road safety. The mascot has been designed to strengthen the brand connect with kids and accelerate the company’s growth further in the Indian market. The ultimate objective was to make them facilitate this information further to their family members, relatives or other known people.
The Yamaha Children Safety Program (YCSP) is a first of its kind social initiative by the company to educate and influence both parents and children about vital road safety measures. India is the second largest two wheeler market in the world and everyday 1000’s of people are killed in accidents. The initiative will help the new generation of kids to give high priority towards safety gear when riding a two wheeler.
Yamaha’s milestones in India
- Made its initial foray into India in 1985
- Was the pioneer in launching superbikes in India in 2008 with the likes of R1, FZ 1 and VMAX
- Launched India’s first sports bike YZF R15 in 2008
- Launched its popular FZ series in 2009
- Signed MoU with the Tamil Nadu Govt. for setting up its 3rd Plant in Chennai in 2012
- Entered the scooter segment in 2012 with Yamaha Ray
- India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd established a separate sister concern, Yamaha Motor India Sales Pvt. Ltd in 2013
- Established the 5th Global R&D centre in India in 2013
- Launched its First Mascot in 2014