‘Live Young, Live Free’ TV Ad Sequel launched along with first of its kind ‘Live Young, Live Free’ road trip mobile app for planning & experience sharing among fellow road trippers.
Mahindra & Mahindra launched a sequel to its popular television commercial, ‘Live Young, Live Free’.
Targeted at those who seek varied experiences, the new communication focuses on emotions of freedom and adventure, and propagates the core value proposition of Mahindra SUVs to enable lifestyle enhancing experiences.
Mahindra Thar Daybreak also makes it appearance on the TVC.
Inspired by the original ‘Live Young Live Free’ score from the first campaign, the sequel uses a melange of tunes such as Hard-rock, Dub-step, Carnatic, Hindustani & Folk, elevating it from a song to an anthem running across the nation.
The Live Young Live Free 2.0 film brings alive the unique proposition that Mahindra’s sports utility vehicles offer and the film underlines the common Mahindra DNA, a thread that binds the entire portfolio of SUVs.
This film showcases different people enjoying their own adventures in a Mahindra vehicle across the landscapes of Ladakh, the serene lakes of Shillong, the dense forests of Assam and enigmatic dunes of Jaisalmer.
With its stunning visuals, the film aptly showcases the go anywhere capability of Mahindra vehicles.
The company also used this opportunity to introduce the Live Young Live Free App.
Key features of the App
- Plan your trip: One can choose from Expert’s choice, User’s choice OR simply create your own trip. One can plan in advance and add food joints, ATMs, petrol pumps, repair shops, cafes, etc, to the route map. One can also pick up suggestions about these from other users’ routes as well.
- Ask other Users: One can even ask others users of the app any query one may have with respect to the road trip – road conditions, food places, route etc. In addition, one can even search basic type of queries, and start & end destinations.
- During the trip: One can use the app for navigation and stop at all the pre-planned points. One can take pictures, ask real time questions, check points of interest nearby and add tips.
- Share your trip: The completed trips can be saved with tips, routes, and photos. It has the provision to create a 20 second video of the trip and share it with friends.
- Safety features: The app has an SOS button and a 24X7 road side assistance contact for emergencies. All checklists, tips and suggestions have been included in detail to make the trips safe.
- Data: The app will also feed in data about the users, their app behaviours and most importantly about road trips in India.
This app has also been designed to be a self-propeller when it comes to driving regular engagement through its gamification & notification features.
Gamification – All the road trip kms will accumulate as points and the road tripper will receive virtual badges as he/ she progresses up the hierarchy.
Notifications about trips one might be interested in and numerous weekend suggestions will be regularly sent out to the app users.