Volkswagen will launch a new variant, Cross Polo which is based on Polo hatch. The new variant will increase the Polo line-up and will be the second new variant after the Polo GT TSI. Volkswagen in betting on the Polo brand to increase sales and attract a set of new customers who are prefer lifestyle products over the traditional products.
The CrossPolo is basically a Polo with additional body cladding on the front, side, wheel arches and rear, increased ride height, and a scuff plate with a silver finish. A similar treatment was also found on the Fabia Scout which was launched in 2012.
Another differentiator is a different grille with a single slat and silver roof rails on which upto 75kgs of luggage can be mounted. The car sits on 16 inch alloy wheels and design seems very similar to the VW Jetta.
Under the hood the car is powered by the same 1.2 TDI diesel engine which produces 75 ps and 180Nm of torque. The Cross Polo will be offered in a single variant mainly based on the Polo Highline and will be priced about 60-70k over the Highline.
Highlight features of the Cross Polo:
- Headlamps in black finish
- Superior ‘Livon’ upholstery and cloth door trim
- Dual frontal airbags, driver and co-passenger side
- Rear parking sensor
- ABS (Anti-lock braking system)
- Rear defogger and rear wiper
- Speed sensitive electronic power steering
- Speed sensing volume control for music system
- 2 DIN RCD 320 music system
- Climatronic automatic air conditioning
Also read: Scoop: Volkswagen Polo GT TSI interior images