Toyota has launched the Camry Hybrid luxury sedan in the Indian market. The company has taken an aggressive approach by introducing at Rs. 29.75 lakhs and manufacturing the sedan in the Indian market. This is a milestone in the history of Indian automobile industry which marks the production of a first hybrid car to be made in India.
Toyota has sold more than 5 million hybrid vehicles all over the globe which makes the company a pioneer in hybrid technology. India is the ninth country where the Camry Hybrid is manufactured.
Based on the 7th Gen Camry, the Hybrid comes with a newly developed hybrid exclusive 2.5 litre beltless petrol engine combined with an electric motor which is coupled to an Electronically Controlled Continuous Variable Transmission (E-CVT). The total system power is 205 PS and the car returns an astonishing mileage of 19.16 kmpl with Low CO2 emission – 122.8 gm per km.
Toyota has started accepting bookings and deliveries start from today itself.
Feature highlights of the Camry Hybrid:
- Hybrid Exclusive Radiator Grille & Bumper & Fog Lamp Bezel
- LED Headlamps
- Rear Fog Lamps
- 17” Alloy Wheels
- Auto Folding & Reverse Linked ORVM’s with Memory
- Hybrid Emblem & HSD Logo
- Acoustic Glass
- Power reclining rear seat
- 3 Zone Air-Conditioner
- Seat ventilation system front seats
- Hybrid exclusive Interior Ornamentation, Combimeter & Hybrid System Indicator
- Power Tilt & Telescopic Steering Column with Memory
- Driver seat position memory
- Power sunshade rear window & Manual sunshade for rear door windows
- Collapsible headrest for front passenger seat
- Assist grips adopted for front seat backs
- EC (Electro Chromic) Anti-glare mirror
- High Density Dashboard Silencer Material
- Accessory Connector on rear armrest
- Auto Power windows for All Seats
- 4 SRS Airbags
- Hill start assist control
- Vehicle Stability Control
- Traction Control
- Back Monitors + Corner Sensors