Tata Motors announced that its fast selling compact SUV – Nexon has been certified with 4-star rating by Global NCAP, the highest adult safety score among all vehicles tested in India. The Nexon outperformed its rivals with a highest score of 13.56/17.00. The Global NCAP certification is considered as a global benchmark for evaluating safety of newly introduced models. Additionally, the car has also received high rating for Child Protection as per the safety test conducted by Global NCAP.
Speaking about the new feat achieved by the Nexon, Mr. Mayank Pareek, President – PVBU, Tata Motors, said, “The Global NCAP results are a reflection of our commitment towards bringing technologically advanced features which are safe yet stylish. With these test results, the Nexon is India’s safest compact SUV, after being one of the most awarded models from the Tata Motors’ PV stable. It is a proud moment for all our Nexon customers today. I am delighted and proud of the hard-work put in by the entire team and congratulate each one for this accomplishment. Our journey to offer best quality products continues.”
What makes the Tata Nexon so robust and safe ?
- Energy-absorbing body structure with high-strength steel construction and critical reinforcements
- Dual-frontal airbags and seatbelts with pre-tensioner, load-limiter & crash-locking tongue which prevents the uncontrolled forward movement of occupants.
- Driver footwell area reinforced with pedal blockers to prevent feet injuries in the event of a crash.
- Safety features such as ABS with EBD are standard
- ISOFIX anchorage for child-seat, Child-safety door locks & Voice-based alerts
- Front fog lamps with cornering assistance
While the Nexon has been winning hearts of customers since its launch, it has now raised the bar for safety in India. Competitors like Maruti Brezza and Ford Ecosport will surely feel the heat as more and more buyers will walk into Tata showrooms to place their orders for the Nexon.