Tiago AMT is the third product from Tata Motors to get AMT gearbox.
Tata Motors introduced Tiago Easy-Shift AMT in the Indian market at a price of 5.73 lakhs, ex-showroom Mumbai and Rs. 5.39 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi.
TIAGO AMT is currently available in a single trim XZ and will be available in a single variant – XZA. The AMT variant is powered by a 1.2L 3 cylinder Revotron petrol engine.
The Tiago AMT comes equipped with four gear positions – Automatic, Neutral, Reverse and Manual. In addition, it boasts of 2 drive modes– Sports & City a first-in-class. One can also drive the car in manual mode for quicker gear shifts.
For ease of manoeuvrability in heavy traffic conditions and during parking, TIAGO Easy Shift AMT comes with an in-built ‘creep’ feature, which enables the car to crawl as soon as the pressure is eased off the brake pedal, without pressing the accelerator. This function also prevents the car from rolling back when it starts from an inclined position.
Key features on the Tiago AMT
- Available in one variant with Automated Manual Transmission – XZA
- First in class ‘Sports’ mode for a peppy drive experience
- Creep Feature for heavy traffic maneuverability and parking ease
- Manual Mode to shift gears for an engaging experience
- Offered on 1.2L 3 cylinder Revotron petrol engine. No AMT for diesel engine.
The XZ trim is equipped with features likes
The car will be on sale across the country in over 597 Tata Motors sales outlets from today.
Tata Motors will launch the Tigor Compact Sedan in the Indian market in April 2017.