Tata Motors has launched the refreshed Sumo Gold MY2013 model in the Indian market. Unveiled at HORIZONEXT, the new Sumo Gold comes with a host of upgrades and new features which makes the Sumo more appealing in the entry-level SUV.
Tata Motors has added new features based extensive consumer studies and field tests and is also looking to tap the private car owners with the refreshed Sumo.
Under the hood the SUV comes with a powerful 3 litre CR4 engine which develops 85 PS@3000rpm and a torque of 250NM@1000-2000rpm. The engine delivers a mileage of 15.3 kmpl and accelerates from 0-60 in 9.3 seconds. The Tata engineers have also installed a new high performance clutch that has better thermal stability, for smoother gearshifts, lasting about 30% longer to competition, offering 1 lakh kms of tension free driving. Fuel Filter Replacement has been improved by 50% at 45000km. The vehicle boasts a Ground Clearance of 182 mm and short turning radius of 5 metres.
On the exterior front the Sumo Gold carries the previous macho look with a new body graphics and renewed front grille. The SUV offers 0% more space than competition, making it the most spacious SUV in its class. A Powerful Dual AC has been added which the company claims to be first in its segment. The vehicle also has the lowest in-cabin noise, with improved NVH (Noise Vibration Harshness), music system with USB and Bluetooth connectivity, ne touch power windows, engine immobilizer with a key and stylish interiors.
The new Sumo Gold feature highlights:
- Most powerful BS4 3.0L diesel CR4 engine, delivering 85 PS power and 250 Nm torque
- Excellent mileage of 15.3 Km/L
- Powerful Dual AC – first in segment
- Latest music system with USB and Bluetooth connectivity, with hands free mobile phone reception
- Power steering & best-in-class turning radius of 5m for easy in-city driving
- 20% more space than competition
- High performance Clutch – Smoother gearshifts, for 1 lack kms of tension free driving
- Softened suspension for better ride quality
- Best-in-class Ground Clearance of 182 mm
- Doubled Wheel Service interval at 30,000km
- Insurance @ Rs 1 for 3 years, 3 year / 1 lakh KM warranty
- Funding upto 90 % of Ex-Showroom price*(*Funding upto 90% of Ex-Showroom price is at the sole discretion of the financer)
- 6 months EMI holiday. Buy now and start paying EMI from April-2014**(** EMI holiday is NOT applicable in Delhi NCR, Rajasthan, MP, CG and J&K)
Tata is offering a warranty of 3 years / 1 lakh kms on the Sumo Gold and with some of the best financing options, with lowest down payment and EMI options. The Wheel Service Life is also doubled at 30,000 kms, with a Fuel Filter Replacement at 45000 kms.
The new Tata Sumo Gold is available in 5 variants – GX, FX, EX, LX and CX with its price starting from Rs. 5.93 lakhs onwards (ex-showroom, New Delhi).