Tata Motors has launched a new variant of the Nano, with Electric Power Assisted Steering System christened as Nano Twist which is designed for easy manoeuvring in tight driving and parking situations. The Nano is now available in 3 major variants: Standard Nano, Nano CNG eMAX and Nano Twist.
The Nano Twist is equipped with a new Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS) system developed by ZF and comprises of a steering column-mounted brushless motor and an ECU (Electronic Control Unit). The EPS steering helps the driver steer the Nano Twist with ease, regardless of the road conditions. The Nano comes with one of the smallest turning circle and with EPS manoeuvring will be even more delightful.
The EPAS in the Nano Twist has an ‘Active Return’ feature – which returns the steering wheel back to its straight-ahead position, as soon as the wheel is released. There are no other mechanical changes to the car and is powered by a 624cc, multi-point fuel injected, water cooled, 2 cylinder petrol engine with 2 mated to a 4-speed manual transmission which produces 38PS power, 51 Nm torque.
The Nano offers a fuel efficiency of 25.4 kmpl, as certified by the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI).
Tata Motors has launched a new signature Damson Purple colour, with chrome accents, new sporty interiors with new fabrics and stunning in-car features, make the Nano Twist an exciting car to drive.
The new Nano Twist has been updated with more trendy features such as:
- A new look instrument cluster, which houses a trip computer
- New driver information system, with a bright daytime and night-time Amber display and digital clock. The cluster houses new features – distance to empty (DTE), average fuel efficiency (AFE) readouts, an LED fuel gauge and a coolant temperature gauge
- Remote keyless entry
- Twin glove boxes
- Four-speaker AmphiStream™ music system with Bluetooth™, USB and auxiliary connectivity
- New seat and door pad upholstery
- New beige interior fabrics
- Rear parcel shelf with speakers
- Black accents on rear bumper
- Newly designed air grille at the rear
- New C-pillar trim
The Tata Nano twist is available in following colors
- Damson Purple (New)
- Pearl White
- Royal Gold
- Papaya Orange
- Meteor Silver
- Dazzle Blue
The Nano Twist is available in only one variant: XT and will replace the LX variant available on the standard Nano.
The new Nano Twist XT is priced at Rs. 2.36 Lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi and will be available across all Tata Motors Authorized Dealerships, in a phased manner.
Tata Nano Pricelist
Nano Twist XT Rs. 2.36
Nano CNG eMAX
CX Rs. 240,145
LX Rs. 265,260
STD Rs. 150,000
CX Rs. 198,000
LX Rs. 223,500
Nano 2013 Model
STD Rs. 145,000
CX Rs. 191,125
LX Rs. 216,238