To take on popular SUVs like the Fortuner, Pajero Sport and Endeavour, ŠKODA AUTO India today launched its fully loaded 7 seater Kodiaq SUV at an All-India Price of Rs.34.49 lakhs. The Czech car maker currently sells 3 sedans in India, all of which have been updated recently. With the discontinuation of Yeti; Skoda’s first SUV in India, the 7 seater Kodiaq is now their flagship SUV in India. The Kodiaq promises to be high on styling, safety, driving dynamics and luxury.
Speaking at the launch, Klaus-Dieter Schürmanns – ŠKODA AUTO Board Member for Finance said ‘India is one of the most promising economies with a dynamically evolving automotive industry. This market will be of significant importance in ŠKODA’s global growth strategy. The ŠKODA KODIAQ is at the forefront of ŠKODA’s SUV campaign and marks the beginning of our SUV strategy in India. With the KODIAQ we will enter a new segment and customer groups for the brand.”
Mr. Ashutosh Dixit – Director: Sales, Service & Marketing, ŠKODA AUTO India said ” The ŠKODA KODIAQ is versatile and offers everything our brand promises: features which are premium and innovative even for SUVs in higher segments. The KODIAQ delivers performance, comfort, safety, best in next-gen technology and real value for money for the ever evolving and discerning Indian customers’ need. I am sure that the KODIAQ will be a breakthrough product and will be the compelling choice for the new generation Indian.”
Highlights of the All-New SKODA Kodiaq
- The Skoda Kodiaq is based on the VW groups global MQB platform
- Powered by 2.0 litre TDI Turbo Diesel engine that makes 148 hp & 340 Nm of torque
- Engine is mated to a 7-speed automatic gearbox (No manual transmission)
- Kodiaq gets 18-inch wheels matched with 235-section tyres
- Kodiaq measures 4,697 mm in length, 1,882 mm in width & 1,676 mm in height
- Wheelbase of the Kodiaq is 2,791 mm while Ground clearance is 187 mm
- The 4×4 system on the Kodiaq comes from Haldex
- Skoda claims a mileage of 16.25 kmpl
- Boot space ranges from 720 to 2005 litres depending on seat configuration
- Kodiaq gets 9 airbags as standard safety feature along ABS, ESP & traction control
- It’s 8-inch infotainment unit supports Apple Car Play, Android Auto & Mirror Link.
- The Kodiaq comes with a 10 speaker Canton audio system
- Electric front seats with memory function and three-zone climate control
- ‘Simply Clever’ features like pedal swipe open tail gate, 2 umbrella holders & removable torch in the boot
- All LED headlamps with Auto Function Leveller
- Hands-free parking which automatically selects parking space
- On the inside, the Kodiaq comes with a premium dual-tone black-beige combination
- Large panoramic sunroof that extends up to the second row of seats
- Digital voice enhancement feature to transmit the voice from the driver to passengers
While the Kodiaq seems to be expensive compared to its rivals, it shouldn’t be forgotten that this is fully loaded 7 seater SUV with an endless feature list that none of its competitors can match. It has also been awarded a 5-star rating by Euro NCAP.
Kodiaq is being offered in four colour options and bookings commence today while deliveries will begin in the 1st week of November 2017. Currently the company has 67 dealerships spread across 56 cities.