Datsun unveiled the Datsun redi-GO in April 2016 and the car fascinated every one with its fresh design, attractive looks and practical interiors all of which promise to make the Redi-GO an instant success in India.
Designed, developed and manufactured locally, Datsun redi-GO is India’s first Urban-cross. It is powered by an all-new 800cc, three-cylinder fuel efficient engine paired to a five-speed gearbox. The car combines style, roominess, best-in-class ground clearance (185mm) and the sheer joy of riding in a crossover blended with the zippy driving, agility and great fuel economy of a compact hatchback.
Also read – Datsun Redi-Go unveiled, looks smart & modern
Datsun has now announced the start of pre-launch bookings from today, i.e. 1st May 2016. Deliveries will commence from as early as June 2016. Datsun has also indicated that the redi-GO will be priced between Rs.2.50 and 3.50 lakhs. The exact ex-showroom prices along with the variants on offer will be announced during the launch in June.
So, if you wish to grab the early-mover advantage, all that you have to do is rush to any of the 217 Nissan/Datsun dealerships and pre-book the Datsun-redi-GO for a fully refundable down payment of just Rs.5000/-. Alternatively, you can also buy the redi-GO from the comfort of your home or office by simply booking it online through Snapdeal, India’s leading e-commerce platform.
Datsun has also launched an innovative ‘Datsun India App’ to keep customers updated on the latest news of the Datsun redi-GO. Customers will also have an added option of booking the car through this App which can be easily downloaded from Google Play store.
Making the announcement, Arun Malhotra, Managing Director, Nissan Motor India Pvt. Ltd. said, “Created specifically for India and manufactured here, we are confident the Datsun redi-GO will delight our customers. It’s this country’s first urban-cross vehicle, and a testament to our commitment to bring our best to India. From the wheels up, Datsun redi-GO has been designed to bring fun and freedom to our customers and shake-up the conventional compact hatchback segment.”
“With the new redi-GO, we continue to expand and enhance our product offerings for young people in India ready to take a step forward in their lives. We will be taking pre-booking orders starting 1st May, 2016 for customers who are eager to be among the first to own this new offering from Datsun.”
With the redi-GO gaining so much of fan-following, there is bound to be substantial pressure on Maruti Alto and Hyundai Eon which look rather pale in comparison.
10 Reasons to buy the Datsun redi-GO
1) The car looks fresh, modern and youthful.
2) Though this is a budget car, it carries the aura of an expensive and premium hatch.
3) This is a tall hatch, so getting in and out of the car is a breeze.
4) It gets a healthy ground clearance of 185mm so it can tackle bad roads, speed breakers with ease
5) The cabin is buoyant and functional with adequate open storage spaces and bottle/cup holders.
6) The car gets LED DRLs and a driver side Airbag in the top variant
7) There will be a host of customization options (like in the Kwid)
8) High seating position, narrow A-pillars and a light steering wheel makes it an ideal car in city traffic.
9) Datsun will offer attractive finance schemes to lure young/first-time car buyers.
10) The 220 litre boot is well shaped and sufficient to carry your luggage for a weekend trip.