Honda CB Shine becomes India’s 1st 125cc motorcycle to cross 1 Lakh sale in a single month.
After creating new highs in automatic scooter segment, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) has manged to create new high.
The company’s CB Shine has managed to attract over 1 lakh customers in a single making it the first motorcycle to achieve this feat in the 125cc executive motorcycle segment, which is India’s second largest motorcycle segment by volumes.
CB Shine is now the only 125cc motorcycle brand to cross the landmark 1 lakh unit sales mark in a single month.
The CB Shine has been the No. 1 selling 125cc motorcycle brand since 8 years and has a segment share of 54%.
On its 11th Anniversary, CB Shine sales have grown by a phenomenal 51% from 66,691 units in April 2016 to 100,824 units in April 2017.
This is led by demand for HET BS-IV Honda engine with AHO upgrades and Low Rolling Resistance tyre in CB Shine SP – a patent applied for technology.
CB Shine has gained an impressive 15% market share on year on year (y-o-y) basis, is firmly leading with 54% market share in this segment, in April’17.
Launched in 2006, Honda has sold over 55 lakh units of CB Shine motorcycle.
CB Shine mainly competes with the likes of Bajaj Discover 125, Bajaj V12, Hero Splendor 125, Hero Glamor and Yamaha Saluto.
The journey of Honda’s iconic CB Shine brand
- April 2006 : CB Shine launched in India with the unique Optimax technology
- FY’2008-09: CB Shine becomes No. 1 selling 125cc motorcycle in 2 years since its launch
- Oct 2010 : CB Shine achieves its first 10 lakh happy customers in 54 months since launch
- FY’2013-14: Every third 125cc motorcycle sold in India is CB Shine (led by 33% market share)
- FY’2014-15: Sales grow 14% which is faster than 1% growth of 125cc motorcycle segment.
- Feb 2017 : Becomes First 125cc motorcycle to reach 50 lakh unit sales milestone, BS-IV and AHO upgrade launched in CB Shine.
- Feb 2017 : Unique Low Rolling Resistance tyre (patent applied for) technology introduced in CB Shine SP
- April 2017 : Becomes the first 125cc motorcycle in India to sell over 1 lakh units in a single month!