Maruti Suzuki has launched the all new Alto K10 in India market, with an aggressive starting price of Rs. 3.06 lakhs. This is the 3rd product from India’s largest car maker in the last 3-4 weeks. The company introduced the Ciaz and Swift refresh recently.
The new generation Alto K10 will help Maruti Suzuki to further consolidate its position in the entry hatch segment and also regain confidence in the customers of introducing fuel efficient cars, a selling point for most Maruti cars in the Indian market.
The new Alto K10 is largely based on the new Alto 800 platform but is larger inside and out. The new K10 will be available in petrol and CNG trim powered by the Intelligent Gas Port Injection (iGPI) delivers mileage of 32.26 kilometers per kg in CNG mode.
On the outside the car features new styling with swept back large headlamps, 3D curved bonnet and chrome grille with a Suzuki badge in the centre.
Other interesting design cues smartly tucked in next generation Alto K10 include:
- Aerodynamic shoulder lines running all along the sides giving a sense of action/ momentum to the vehicle
- Body coloured ORVMs
- Side body moulding
- Body coloured door handles
- B-Pillar Black out tape
- Clean and Sculpted rear that lends a sporty and wider look
- Unique wedged profile & inclined windows lend a modern look
- Distinct rear combination lamp
On the inside the Alto K10 looks completely different from any other Maruti car giving a modern and upmarket feel. The new dual tone beige dashboard and upholstery are quite pleasing.
Interior highlights include:
- Classy instrument panel with a sporty speedometer
- Newly designed 3-spoke steering wheel
- Dual-tone interiors
- Newly designed steering with silver accents, silver garnished door trim, AC louvres and gear shift bezel
- New premium piano black finish audio (typically associated with high end cars)
- Keyless entry system, internally adjustable outside mirrors, accessory socket, gear shift indicator, key off reminder, headlamp warning buzzer, a digital clock and front power windows are other newly designed features
The car comes with a list of smart features such as center console storage box, coin and ticket holder, IP utility hook, front console dual cup holder, rear parcel tray, front door trim pocket, IP upper tray, rear console bottle holder are handy and user friendly.
The Alto K10 is taller and larger by the outgoing model and offers enhanced leg and head room. The back of the front seats are scooped to provide more space.
Under the hood Maruti has strapped the new K-Next series 1.0 litre petrol which has fine-tuned to provide 15% higher fuel efficiency of 24.07 kmpl. The engine delivers Max power of 68 PS @ 6000 rpm and Max torque of 90Nm @3500 rpm. The Alto K10 zips from 0 to 60 kmph in 5.3 seconds making it one of best cars with high power to weight ratio.
The engine is mated to a new generation Manual Transmission which offers smooth gear shifts thanks to by use of detent pin technology (DPT) and diagonal shift assist (DSA).
The new gen Alto K10 comes with the option of driver side airbag, front fog lamps, fasten seat belt indicators, 3 point ELR seat belt, key off reminder, high mount stop lamp and head lamp leveling.
Colours: The new Alto K10 comes with dual interior colour scheme. ‘Tango Orange’ is the signature colour that has a Metallic finish to perfectly complement the refreshing exteriors. The 6 body colours on the new Alto K10 are:
- Tango Orange (signature colour)
- Granite Grey
- Cerulean Blue
- Fire Brick Red
- Silky Silver
- Superior White
Introductory Prices – in Rs. Lakhs Ex showroom (Delhi):
- LX – 3,06,000
- LXi – 3,21,687
- VXi – 3,37,750
- VXi (O) – 3,56,687
- LXi (CNG) – 3,81,687
Auto Gear Shift
- Vxi – 3,80,187