There was a lot of excitement among Exhibitors and visitors at 5th EV Expo 2017, as a number of new product and Vehicle launches were launched at the event from advanced fast charging batteries, chargers and electric vehicles from e-cycles to e scooters, 3 wheelers and 4 wheelers.
Some of the launches that created buzz at the Expo were –
- Champion Polyplast launched a 4 wheeled 6 seater electric campus vehicle running on 110AH lithium ion battery & latest e-auto rickshaw under their brand ‘Saarthi’
- Lohia Auto launched electric 2 wheeler for physically disabled.
- Soni E-vehicle launched a 2 wheeled food delivery vehicle as well as electric Food cart.
- Launch of E-bicycle and a range of electric two wheelers by ETOT.
- Autolite (India) Ltd launched 3 electric two wheelers under the brand ‘Autopal’
- Terra India launched their range of e-scooters
- 3 e-rickshaws with better aesthetics and comfort were introduced by Kaptech India.
- YC Electric launched a 3 seater electric car as well as a range of e scooters
- Sona BLW launched electrical Axle for electric Autos under ‘Make in India’
Speaking at the launch of their e vehicles, Mr Ahswani Sehgal, MD, Champion Polyplast said “We are happy to introduce our 6 seater electric campus vehicle with 110AH Lithium battery under the brand name ‘Saarthi’ at a very affordable cost of around 3.5 lakh Rupees. It is ideal for Campuses, Hospitals, Industries as well as hospitality sector. We have also launched an e- auto with Lithium-Ion battery and car quality suspension for better mileage and comfort”
Mr Anuj Sharma, MD, Soni E-vehicle said” We have launched an electric scooter for food delivery as well as a food station and cart for fruits and vegetable vendors. This gives an eco friendly option to vendors who are manually pulling carts to take advantage of these electric powered, comfortable and compact carts with 2 burners and teys to keep the food warm. Food brands and restaurants can look at eco-friendly electric scooters customised for this purpose”
Mr. Adarsh Mahipal Gupta. Director, Autolite(India) Ltd. said “Autolite India with our track record of manufacturing vehicle and home lighting solutions has entered the e-vehicle market 6 months back under the brand ‘AutoPal’. We are happy to launch our range of electric scooters and 3 wheelers at this Expo. The response is so encouraging that we are planning to set up 3 more production lines within next 12-18 months.”
EV Expo is India’s prominent Electric Vehicle Showcase and is presenting the latest technological advancements and innovations in environment-friendly 2,3,4 wheeled electric vehicles, Automotive Parts, Components and Accessories, R&D, Charging stations, Products and services related to this sector.
Mr Paritosh Dey, GM sales and Operations, ETOT said ‘”ETOT is an Indian Brand with international approach and management from China. We are very upbeat about the e-vehicle market in India and are participating in EV Expo to enter the Northern India market as well as launch our range of superior and comfortable 2 & 3 wheelers as well an e-bicycle. The response is fantastic at the Expo”