Honda will launch its third product on the Brio platform, an all-new entry level MPV which will make its debut at the 21st Indonesia International Motor Show which is scheduled for September 19-29, in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Honda Prospect Motor (HPM), the company’s Indonesian arm has released a sketch of the new Honda MPV. Honda seems to be tapping the growing MPV segment in the Indonesian market which is the largest category in the Indonesian automobile market.
The new MPV is developed for the Asian market by Honda R&D Asia Pacific in Thailand and Honda R&D Indonesia, with Indonesia as the lead country for this project.
Highlights of the new Honda MPV
- First product from the Honda stable in Indonesia in the entry level MPV segment
- To be positioned below the Freed
- 3-row configuration offering Seven seats
- Innovative design, spacious cabin, and advanced safety
- To be powered by a 1.5 litre petrol engine
- To be locally produced in Indonesia at its new Second Plant in Karawang
- Official launch in 2014
Honda has achieved some success with the Amaze and the MPV is certainly destined for the Indian market. Honda will bring the MPV in 2014 followed by the Urban SUV.
In India the MPV will be pitted against the Ertiga and will be powered by a 1.5 petrol and 1.5 diesel engine. The MPV will help Honda in India to increase its market share and hopes similar success as the Amaze.
Expect similar trims and equipment as the Amaze with pricing to on par with the Ertiga. Honda may mostly likely showcase the concept at the 2014 Auto Expo in January.