Honda Cars India announced the launch of the all-new 4th Generation City for the Indian market. The City has been the face of Honda in India since it first made its debut in 1998 and has sold over 4.3 lakhs making it one of the most successful sedans in the C segment.
The new City was unveiled in the Indian market on 25th November 2013. The all-new City, developed a s a global sedan is now available in both Diesel and Petrol fuel options.
Prices of Petrol Variants (Ex showroom Delhi in Rs):
|E MT||7.42 Lakh|
|S MT||8.04 Lakh|
|SV MT||8.49 Lakh|
|V MT||8.99 Lakh|
|VX MT||9.93 Lakh|
|SV CVT||9.49 Lakh|
|VX CVT||10.98 Lakh|
Prices of Diesel Variant (Ex showroom Delhi in Rs):
|E MT||8.62 Lakh|
|S MT||9.24 Lakh|
|SV MT||9.66 Lakh|
|V MT||10.16 Lakh|
|VX MT||11.10 Lakh|
The Diesel City is powered by the 1.5L i-DTEC diesel engine of Earth Dream Technology series which also does duty on the Amaze sedan and delivers 26kmpl making the City country’s most fuel efficient car. This engine delivers a maximum power of 100ps@3600 rpm and maximum torque of 200 N-m@1750 rpm and is mated to a developed 6-speed manual transmission.
The Petrol variant of the City is powered by an improved 1.5L i-VTEC engine that delivers a maximum power of 119 ps@6600 rpm and a torque of 145 N-m@4600 rpm. And 5 speed manual transmission. The CVT delivers 18kmpl and the manual 17.8kmpl.
The car has received an impressive response on pre-launch bookings clocking 9000 plus and will sold through 159 dealers in 101 cities across the country. Honda has launched only the diesel variant and the deliveries for the Petrol variants would begin from February 2014.
The new Honda City has been developed at Honda R&D Centre located in Tochigi, Japan following extensive market surveys in India, ASEAN countries and other markets for people’s driving needs and lifestyles.
Key features of the new City
- Designed in line with Honda’s “man maximum machine minimum” philosophy which aims at maximizing the space available for people and minimizing the space required for mechanical components.
- Offers One class above Rear legroom, superiorHead Clearance &Knee room inside cabin and offers a class leading boot space of 510L
- New City uses high tensile steel along with new body structure to achieve a lightweight & high rigidity
- High Balance Chassis system which offers comfort with safety
- New geometry MacPherson Strut front suspension and High rigidity H shaped twist beam rear suspension for operation stability and comfortable ride
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™)
- Active and passive safety technologies like Pedestrian injury mitigation technology, Driver and Front passenger SRS airbags, Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) which prevents wheel locking, Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- ABS with EBD is being offered as standard across all Diesel and Petrol CVT variants
- First in segment Auto AC with Touchscreen Control panel
- Advanced integrated Audio with 8 speakers and 5” screen
- One Push Engine Start/Stop button with Honda Smart Key System
- Steering wheel with buttons for cruise control, Audio and hands-free control
- Rear A/C vents
- Rear Parking camera with multiple views
- The CVT model will be equipped with a “Paddle Shift” option which can be operated in both D and S mode and allows the driver to enjoy a manual transmission-like driving feel
- First in segment first shark fin antenna
The all-new City is available in 5 grades offered in Petrol and Diesel variants – E, S, SV, V and VX with Manual Transmission. Additionally, the City will be available in CVT in SV & VX petrol grades.
Honda City will be available in six exciting range of colors – Golden Brown Metallic (New and exclusive), Carnelian Red Pearl, Urban Titanium Metallic, Alabaster Silver Metallic, Crystal Black Pearl and Taffeta White. It comes with a 2 years or 40,000 kms warranty as standard value for all customers.
The City has sold more than 2.2 million worldwide in 55 countries and the new generation hopes to continue to the same performance and will now be launched in more than 60 countries