Ford is all set to launch the new Endeavour SUV in the Indian market. The company had revealed limited details couple of months ago and have now updated the site with all details and images.
The company dealers have stared accepting bookings for the SUV with a down payment of Rs. 1 lakh. The launch of the new Endeavour is expected to happen on the 19th of January. This will be the fourth launch in the last 6 months after the EcoSport, Figo and Figo Aspire. Ford will launch new Mustang sports car at the 2016 Auto Expo.
The new Endeavour has been designed completely from scratch and is currently in its third generation. The SUV is also known as Everest globally with Thailand as the main manufacturing base. The new Endeavour does share its underpinning with the new Ranger pick-up but has been extensively modified to give the SUV best in class comfort and high speed stability.
The design is typical SUV with a large front facia, bold horizontal 3 slat chrome grille, large headlamps and wheel arches. The front bumper gets neatly designed silver accent bull bar design which also houses the trapezoidal shaped front fog lamps. The bar also doubles as a skid plate.
The rear loses its boxy design and makes way for a more curved profile. The rear bumper also gets a silver accent design similar to the front. The spare wheel has moved down which makes it shorter in length and easier to park in limited space.
The new Endeavour will be available in two TDCi diesel engine options. The 2.2-litre engine develops 160 Ps and 385 Nm of torque, while the 3.2-litre engine develops 200 Ps and 470 Nm of torque. The 2.2 litre engine will be available with a 6 speed manual and 6 speed auto while with 3.2 will be available with a 6 speed auto only. The 2.2 engine option with manual will be available in 4×2 and 4×4 drive options and the 3.2 comes with a 4×4 all-wheel drive only.
The SUV will be available in six variants –
- 2l 4X2 MT Trend
- 2l 4X4 MT Trend
- 2l 4X2 AT Trend
- 2l 4X2 AT Titanium
- 2l 4X4 AT Trend
- 2l 4X4 AT Titanium
The SUV will be available in 6 Color options – Sunset Red, Diamond White, Golden Bronze, Moondust Silver, Panther Black and Smoke Grey.
Some of the key features offered on the new Endeavour –
- Chrome radiator grille
- Automatic headlamps
- Electric Panoramic Sun Roof
- LED Tail Lamps
- LED Daytime running light
- FM/AM Radio + Aux-In + 2 USB Ports and 10 speakers
- Driver and Passenger Airbags standard and 7 Airbags (Driver, Passenger, Side and Curtain Airbags, Knee Airbag) on Titanium variant (3.2litre)
- Leather upholstery + leather wrapped gear knob & steering wheel
- SYNC® (with voice control) with Integrated Active Noise Cancellation
- Terrain Management System for 2.2 4×4
- Terrain Management System and Semi Automatic parallel park assist for 3.2 4×4
- Electronic stability program
- Traction control system
- Hill launch assist
- Hill descent control
- 8 Way power adjustable driver seat
- Power folding 3rd row seat
- Power outlet (4 Nos.)
- Dual Zone AC – Automatic Climate Control
- One touch up/down with anti-pinch (Driver & Passenger)
- Cruise control
- Semi-Auto Parallel Park Assist
- Overall Length (mm) 4892
- Overall Width (mm) 1860
- Overall Height (mm) 1837
- Wheel Base (mm) 2850
- Ground Clearance (mm) 225
- Fuel Tank Capacity (l) 80
When launched, the new Ford Endeavour SUV will compete against the likes of Toyota Fortuner, Mitsubishi Pajero Sport, Isuzu MU-7 and Hyundai Santa Fe.
New Ford Endeavour SUV Brochure