New Gen Audi R8 V10 plus makes India debut
German luxury car manufacturer Audi set the pulses racing in New Delhi as it launched the most powerful and fastest production Audi ever built – the next generation Audi R8 V10 Plus amidst a thunderous applause. The naturally-aspirated 5.2 FSI quattro® V10 mid-engine with up to 610 hp (449 kW) of power responds instantly to throttle and propels the car from 0 to 100 in 3.2 seconds with a top speed of 330 km/h. Much lighter than its predecessor, the next generation Audi R8 V10 Plus is priced at INR 2.55 crores ex-showroom New Delhi.
Speaking at the launch, Mr. Joe King, Head – Audi India said – “The previous model was already the sporty vanguard of the brand – and this applies to the second generation Audi R8 even more. The newly conceptualized high-performance sports car has been made even tauter and stronger, both on and off the race track. Embodied in its DNA is the know-how acquired in the numerous car racing successes that Audi has achieved over the years. In fact, 50 percent of the components of the new Audi R8 are from the Audi R8 LMS. With this next generation Audi R8 V10 Plus coming in, we are now unleashing the perfect poster boy for contemporary panache, outstanding performance and daily usability. We are sure that our enthusiasts in the state will love the car,”
The new lighter and even more powerful second generation Audi R8 shares around 50 percent of its components with the R8 LMS, including technologies like the Audi Space Frame® and V10 engine. Clearly, the Audi R8 is a car with motorsport in its genes.
“A high-revving mid-engine with superior performance, a consistently lightweight construction concept and an extremely dynamic chassis with quattro drive system and fully variable torque control – this is what makes the Audi R8 the sporty spearhead of Audi. The high-performance sports car has been newly developed from the ground up – it is more taut, more striking and more fascinating both on the race track and on the road,” added Mr. King.
The Audi model range in India includes the A3, A3 Cabriolet, A4, A6, A8 L, Q3, Q5, Q7, TT Coupé, S5 Sportback, RS 6 Avant, RS 7 Sportback and R8 V10 Plus.
- From racetrack to road: 50 percent of components of the new Audi R8 are from the Audi R8 LMS
- Powerful 5.2 FSI quattro® engine with 610 hp @ 6500 rpm of torque
- Excellent driving performance: 0 to 100 km/h in 3.2 seconds with top speed of 330 km/h
- Audi virtual cockpit with a 31.24 centimeter screen with brilliant, high-resolution display standard
- Newly developed quattro® permanent all-wheel drive with electro hydraulically activated multi-plate clutch
- Audi drive select dynamic handling system with four standard modes; with three additional performance modes for maximum dynamic performance
- Generous customization options with new colors and materials
- The next generation Audi R8 V10 Plus starts from INR 2.55 crore ex-showroom (New Delhi)