India’s largest luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz today pioneered the ‘Luxury Multi-Purpose Vehicle’ (MPV) segment by launching the much awaited V-Class in India. The V-Class combines highest standards of a passenger car with the functionality of a MPV, which can be adapted to market and customer-specific demands owing to its wide range of equipment options.
Speaking on his first launch in India, Martin Schwenk, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India commented, “We are excited to kick-start 2019 by introducing an exciting product from our global portfolio, the V-Class. The launch of the V-Class in India firmly underscores our pioneering spirit as we introduce the ‘Luxury Multi-Purpose Vehicle’ segment for our discerning Indian customers. The V-Class combines exemplary functionality with luxury appeal, unsurpassed comfort, efficient driving dynamics and uncompromised safety, all of which characterize a Mercedes-Benz.Theversatile V-Class is targeted at a wide array of potential customers comprising large families, sports enthusiasts andbusinesses.”
Martin Schwenk further added, “In 2019, Mercedes-Benz completes 25 years in India and this milestone will be marked with a wide range of product offensive, starting with the V-Class. The V-Class is the first-of-its kind product in India and with its distinctive qualities, it is going to create a new benchmark for luxury travel in the country. We have some of the most awaited products planned for the Indian market in 2019 that will keep the customers and enthusiasts fascinated.”
- The V-Class will target the multi- purpose vehicle segment which has a potential demand
- The V-Class will be available in both the 6 and 7 seater long-wheelbase (Exclusive)and extra-long-wheelbase (Expression) variants
- Continuing Mercedes-Benz’s BS VI transition efforts, the V 220d will be available in a 2 litre BS VI compliant diesel engine | 2143 cc| 120 kW|380 Nm| 0-100 in 10.9 s
- Made in Spain, this luxury multi-purpose vehicle is sold in more than 90 countries
- 25 Years of Mercedes-Benz in India:2019 marks the 25th year of Mercedes-Benz in India and will be a significant milestone for the brand in India; as Mercedes-Benz will embark upon exploring new paths to redefine the luxury automotive space in India
- The Star Ease maintenance packages for the V 220 d starts at Rs.1,48,700 for 2 year/30,000 kms
- The ex-showroom price of the V-Class Expression starts at INR 68.40 lakhs and the V-Class Exclusive starts at INR 81.90 lakhs (All prices ex-showroom India)
Incidentally, 2019 will also mark 25 years of operations of the Three Pointed Star in India. Year long customer centric initiatives and innovations will be held by the company. Best Never Rest will be the guiding motto for Mercedes-Benz in 2019.