German luxury car manufacturer Mercedes-Benz introduced the first ever right hand drive (RHD) long wheelbase (LWB) version of the new E-Class luxury business sedan in the Indian market.
The new LWB E-Class was launched by Roland Folger, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India. The luxury sedan is company’s first India specific car and India is the only country to launch the RHD version of the ‘longwheelbase’ new E-Class.
- Most spacious’ rear cabin in the segment
- The E-Class luxury sedan has a local content of over 60%.
- Locally assembled from Day 1
- Took 48 months for the development of the new E-Class
- Avaialble in one trim Avantgarde and 2 engine options E 200 petrol, E 350 d diesel and 9G-TRONIC transmission
- Unsurpassable Cost of Ownership starting at Rs. 64,700 for 2 years
- 45 service packages
- Unlimited mileage, first in the luxury car industry
- Pune plant is one of most flexible plants building nine different models
Key features on the car
- Air Body Control suspension introduced in India for the first time in the E-Class
- Chauffeur Package
- Burmester® surround sound system
- Parking Pilot, a wide high-resolution and bright display with a next-generation 12.3-inch screen as standard
- 64 colour ambient lighting
The E 350 d features a 2987 cc V6 diesel engine that churns out 190 kW (258 hp) and 620 Nm of torque available at as low as 1600 rpm, 0 -100 km/h in 6.6 secs
The Mercedes-Benz E 200 is priced at Rs. 56.15 lakhs and the E 350 d is priced at Rs. 69.47 lakhs (ex-showroom, Mumbai).
The E-Class sedan is India’s highest selling luxury executive sedan and comprises about 34% of the total Mercedes-Benz cars sold in India till date.
With over 13 million units sold globally, the E-Class sedan and Estate are the best-selling vehicles for Mercedes-Benz.
The company also launched the “My Mercedes My Service” program which offer customers lower cost of ownership and lower maintenance cost. It also offers hassle free Online Service appointment booking for the New E-Class.
The new long wheelbase E-Class comes with affordable and convenient service packages that drives tremendous value proposition for the customers. Based on the consumers’ needs and preferences, service packages of various age & mileages have been introduced for the new long wheelbase E-Class.
Detailed launch report coming soon.