Mercedes-Benz India introduced the all new second generation GL-Class SUV in the Indian market. The SUV was launched by the legendary tennis star Boris Becker along with Eberhard Kern, Managing Director and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India.
The GL-Class is positioned as the S-Class among the SUVs and in will mainly compete with the Range Rover in terms of positioning (not price though). The GL-Class is loaded with technology and luxurious features such as 360°camera, Cross-Wind Stabilization, Open pore trim, Active Park Assist, Sunroof for all three rows.
Mercedes-Benz has launched the GL-Class Launch Edition GL 350 CDI 4MATIC priced at Rs. 77.50 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi.
The Launch Edition is a limited edition variant which is offered as a CBU and is equipped with additional features which includes AMG body styling comprising front and rear apron painted in body colors, 21-inch AMG 5 twin-spoke light-alloy, aluminium finish running boards with LED illumination and flared wheel arches. Other features include Designo Exclusive Package, AMG sports seats and rear seats featuring upholstery in designo leather, upper and lower dashboard sections and door beltlines in design leather, heated front seats, design headlining in Dinimica black. The ‘Launch Edition’ will also have heated seats, and temperature controlled cup holders.
Features of the Mercedes-Benz GL-Class
- Easiest front and rear seat access with Easy Entry system on both sides
- Daytime LED running lights are integrated into the front bumper.
- New sporty unique light-alloy wheels and two piece tail light with LED optic fibre cable 630-1252-2300 liter boot capacity
- State of the art technologies of the likes of DSR, ESP, 4ETS, 4MATIC, AIRMATIC, etc.
- ECO start-stop feature
- AIRMATIC package for better ride control
- Panoramic sunroof including a sunroof even for the third row of passengers
- Multimedia COMAND like the Bluetooth interface with hands-free function, 7.0 inch Color display with TFT technology as well as Internet browser and GPS
- Nine airbags
- Attention Assist
- Crosswind assist
The GL-Class is offered with 2987cc V6 diesel engine which produces 619 Nm of torque @ 1600-2400 and a power 190/258 @ 3600rpm. The engine coupled to a 7G-TRONIC Plus Automatic transmission which helps to accelerate from 0-100kph under 7.9 seconds, with the top speed at 220 km/hr.