A few days back we reported about the Maruti Stingray caught during a photoshoot. Thanks to our friends at Autocar for sharing more images of the soon to be launched WagonR Stingray.
The Stingray will be positioned above the current Wagon R (hopefully Maruti reduces the prices of the current Wagon R and repositions it like the Micra Active) and will offer new features which can be entitled as first in its class.
Highlights of the Wagon R Stingray
- Projector headlamps
- Flat front bonnet
- Chrome grille
- New bumper with bigger air dam
- Restyled fog-lamp housings
- Brushed grey finish alloy wheels
- Tail-lamps with clear lens units
- Black interiors
- Chrome strip ( a feature now common in many car to portray Premiumness)
- 1.0 K-Series engine carried from the existing car
- Available with safety features like ABS, Dual airbags
Maruti Suzuki is betting on the Stingray to boost volumes just like the K10 helped the Alto brand clock more than 20 units plus. With the market showing no signs of reviving, new launches from car manufacturers may help bring back the lack luster.
The Stingray will compete directly with the likes of Hyundai 10, Chevrolet Beat and Honda Brio. Maruti Suzuki has got the timing right and the launch could happen close to or before the new i10 (new small car code name BA) makes its debut in India.
Image source: Autocar India