Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza waiting period increases as bookings cross 200,000.
Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza is breaking new records. The compact SUV which was launched in 2016 won the 2017 Indian Car of the Year award and also the most sold new model launch of 2016.
Vitara Brezza has sold consistently an average of 9000 units per month and the company is struggling to meet growing demand mainly due to production issues.
Also read – Maruti Vitara Brezza tastefully modded
There is a very high demand for the VDI, ZDI and ZDI+ variants and in some cites the waiting period is beyond 6 months.
With the Gujarat plant being operation in February 2017, the company will shift production from Gurgaon to Hansalpur plant in Gujarat which will free up more capacity for the Brezza and hopefully the waiting period could go down.
The Sub-4 metre compact SUV is positioned below the premium S-Cross crossover SUV and the top variant Swift hatchback.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza competes against the likes of Ford EcoSport and Mahindra TUV300. The Brezza could get some competition from the likes of Tata Motors Nexon which looks sporty and will be feature loaded.
Maruti Suzuki will also launch new variants of the Vitara Brezza such as a petrol with 1.0 BoosterJet engine and AMT automatic which was showcased at the 2016 Indonesia Auto Show.
Key First in segment features on the Vitara Brezza
- Dual colour scheme
- Floating roof
- Bull Horn shaped LED light guide in headlamps and rear combination lamps
- Projector headlamps with auto ‘On/Off’
- Unique turn indicator in front bumper
- Large tyres
- Cruise control
- Gear shift Indicator
- SMARTPLAY infotainment system
- 5-colour options of mood lights on speedometer
- Inbuilt navigation with map care
- Reverse parking camera
- Sliding armrest with storage for driver
- Brushed aluminium accentuation on IP
- Roof lining with Premium Fabric
- Seat back coat-hook (driver side)
- Personalisation packages