Mahindra & Mahindra has introduced the XUV 500 Automatic in the Indian market. With growing preference for Automatic cars in the Indian market, auto makers are forced to introduce popular models with automatic transmissions. The Automatic transmission option is offered on front wheel and rear wheel drive and will be available on 3 variants of the XUV 500 – W8 FWD and W10 FWD & AWD and price starts at Rs. 15.52 lakhs.
The all new Automatic Transmission has been sourced for the first time from the leading global supplier, AISIN, Japan which is designed to offer a good driving experience with easy cruising on city roads as well as on challenging terrains.
The 6 speed automatic transmission comes with manual mode, creep function, option of All Wheel Drive in W10 AWD variant and filled with lifetime maintenance free Automatic Transmission Fluid.
The automatic transmission is mated to the same 2.2-litre four-cylinder mHawk diesel engine which produces 103 kW (140 bhp) @ 3750 rpm max power and torque of 330 Nm @1600-2800 rpm.
The XUV 500 Automatic will be available across Mahindra dealerships from December 5, 2015 onwards.
Key Competitors – Hyundai Creta, upcoming Renault Duster
Prices of the XUV 500 Automatic Ex-showroom
|W8 FWD AT||
|W10 FWD AT||
|W10 AWD AT||
Key Features of the XUV500 Automatic
- Fully Automatic Gearbox – the Automatic transmission is essentially a torque convertor with a planetary gear-train that enables smooth and precise gear shifts.
- Optimized gear ratios (with 2 overdrive gears) with 6 speed automatic transmission for better fuel efficiency. With 6 gears the XUV500 has a higher number of gear ratios than a conventional 5 speed automatic which enables the driveline to deliver the best fuel efficiency. The gear ratios in the 6 speed transmission are optimized to ensure that the engine uses the minimum amount of fuel.
- Automatic transmission with AWD – For the Adventure seekers the all new Automatic transmission also comes with an option of All Wheel Drive (AWD). The AWD ensures that the vehicle torque is suitably distributed between the wheels to provide the best traction on rugged or slippery roads, by sensing the difference in RPM between the front and rear wheels.
- Intelligent adaptation to terrains and altitudes – The transmission is capable of adapting to mid and high altitudes to enable best drivability in these conditions. The two uphill climbing modes allow the vehicle to take on slopes and ghats effortlessly. .
- Easy cruising in City – The automatic gearbox is capable of providing brisk acceleration and smooth delivery of torque across all 6 gears so as to enable a relaxed and stress free drive even in the stop and go city traffic. It comes with a “creep function” to aid in slow moving traffic
- Manual Mode – The Manual mode is for those spirited drives as it allows the user to manually shift gears and extract the best performance from the vehicle.
- Minimum Service – In the XUV500 AT the Automatic Transmission Fluid is filled for life, ensuring service cost is kept to a minimum.