Utility major Mahindra has launched a Special Edition of the Scorpio SUV in the Indian market. The Scorpio which has proved to be one of the best SUV’s in its class is still doing 4000 plus units defying the competition which have launched more premium SUV’s in the same segment. The Scorpio has been for 11 years and still commands a good premium and high resale value.
The Scorpio Special edition will be made in limited numbers and only 500 will be produced. It is priced at 11.88 lakh (ex-showroom New Delhi).
The special edition features offered are:
- Luxurious European leather interiors in tan and beige
- Integrated roof-mounted DVD player with 9″screen
- Alloy wheels with signature chrome finish
- Leather-wrapped gear knob and gear shift
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Dual front SRS airbags and a high-gloss wood finished central bezel
The Scorpio is powered by 2.2 L, 4 cylinder mHawk diesel engine which develops 120 bhp power.
The launch coincides with the launch of Nissan Terrano which has just hit the Indian roads. The new edition will definitely help in getting higher enquiries and attract more buyers.
The Scorpio is available 5 variants: EX, LX, SLE, VLX and VLX automatic and the company was offering benefits upto Rs. 40,000 on select models.