Hyundai Motor India has unveiled the new Xcent compact sedan today. The Global premier marks Hyundai’s entry into the compact sedan segment.
This is the third unveiling in the last 2 days with Tata Motors unveiling the Zest compact sedan and Ford showcasing Figo Sedan concept. The new compact sedan from Hyundai is based on the Grand i10 platform and is available in both petrol & diesel engine options. A petrol automatic will also be on offer.
With the launch of the new compact sedan, Hyundai will discontinue the Accent sedan which had set the wheels rolling for the South Korean car maker in the sedan segment.
The Hyundai Xcent will be launched in March and will be priced very aggressively compared to competitors.
Hyundai Xcent details:
- Swept back smoked headlamps and wrap around tail lamps with chrome insert
- Chrome finish hexagonal air dam
- Front bumper with integrated spoiler
- 15” Diamond cut alloy wheels
- Bright dual tone beige interiors
- Rear AC vents
- Smart key with push button start
- Rear parking camera & sensors
- 2 DIN audio with USB, CD Player with 1 GB internal memory
- Auto folding mirrors
- Electro-Chromic mirror
- One touch electric truck opening
- Rear arm rest with cup holders
The Xcent will help boost Hyundai market share and also will be the entry sedan in the product range.