Japanese car maker Honda, unveiled the new Honda BR-V prototype SUV at the Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show 2015 (GIIAS 2015). The Honda BR-V made its world premiere in Indonesia and the production model will be launched in 2016.
Whats exciting is the BR-V will make it to Indian shores to give the Renault Duster, Nissan Terrano, Hyundai Creta and Maruti Suzuki S-Cross a lot more competition.
Honda BR-V will be the first to offer 7-seat configuration unlike other SUV which are mainly five seaters. The crossover vehicle features the combination of an SUV appearance and handling and utility and space of an MPV.
The Honda BR-V shares its underpinnings with the Honda Mobilio and will be powered by a 1.5-liter i-VTEC engine mated to a new 6-speed manual transmission or a continuously variable transmission (CVT).
Honda BR-V has been developed to fulfill the needs of Indonesian customers but it has designed considering other markets in mind like India, Malaysia and Thailand.
Honda BR-V will be marketed in Indonesia with a price range from Rp. 230 to 265 million, and the booking will start from GIIAS onward. The production of Honda BR-V will start at HPM’s Karawang factory in January 2016.
Key Features of All-New BR-V
- High ground clearance
- Big roof rails for all grades
- LED connected tail light design in C-character
- New 16 inch aluminum wheels
- Class-leading spacious and comfortable cabin with additional knee room and head room
- Advanced features such as Multi-Information Display
- Rear air conditioner between the first and second row seats to expand air flow to all areas
Engine and Transmission
- 4-Cylinder 1.5-liter i-VTEC engine
- 120 horsepower @ 6,600 rpm and maximum torque of 145 Nm @ 4,600 rpm.
- New 6-speed Manual Transmission
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) under Honda’s “Earth Dreams Technology”
- Dual and Front SRS airbag
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA)
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- Front 3-Point Load Limiters with Pretensioner ELR Seat Belt and ISOFIX