Hero Motocorp world’s largest two wheeler company by volumes showcased their technological excellence & innovation at an event in National Capital. The company also used this opportunity to unveil 15 new offerings including the all-new Splendor iSmart, Karizma R, Karizma ZMR, Xtreme & Pleasure.
In 2011, Honda bid adieu with Hero and the company started its solo journey in the Indian market. The company launched four new products in last two years which used Honda underpinnings and technology. Hero launched the Impulse, Ignitor & Passion X-Pro motorcycles and the Maestro scooter.
Hero MotoCorp with its new identity did not sit ideal, but tied up with new companies for R&D and also picked up a small stake in Buell motorcycles. The Indian bike maker used this event to showcase its next generation products, Innovation & Technology.
Mr. Pawan Munjal Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of Hero MotoCorp hinted as this is just the beginning and will be showcasing yet another range of two-wheelers on new platforms at the upcoming 2014 Auto Expo.
Major highlights of the events
1. Let’s first look at the technologies
- I3s technology – Idle Stop and Start System a first in India and will be offered on the most popular motorcycle Splendor
- Integrated braking system (IBS) – To be introduced in the Pleasure scooter first, we can also expect this tech to follow in Maestro
- Electronic immobilizer – A security device that prevents the engine from running without the correct key will be first offered on the Xtreme
2. The new products and model refreshes (2014 line-up)
- Splendor iSmart with new i3S technology (Idle Stop and Start System)
- Pleasure with IBS tech and refreshed looks
- Xtreme with ‘Electronic Immobiliser’ and many new features
- New Karizma R and ZMR
- HF Deluxe Eco
- Refreshed HF Dawn & HF Deluxe
- Refreshed Splendor Pro
- Refreshed Passion Pro
- Updated Glamour & Glamour FI
Note: A detailed post on every bike coming very soon with many images and more.