Honda Cars India Ltd, the country’s preferred passenger car manufacturer launched its new SUV-The BR-V (Bold Runabout Vehicle). Being a compact SUV, it will compete with Creta, Brezza and EcoSport. However, the BR-V edges ahead with features like 210 mm of ground clearance, 3 row seating, 3 years unlimited mileage warranty and an advanced CVT transmission in the petrol variant.
The BR-V will be available in Petrol and Diesel variants. While the petrol variant gets a 16-valve, 6 speed, 1.5 Litre i-VTEC engine and a CVT option with paddle shifters, the diesel variant gets the 1.5 Litre, i-DTEC engine with a 6 speed manual transmission.
The Petrol Engine delivers maximum power of 119 PS@ 6,600 rpm, maximum torque of 145 Nm @4,600 rpm and best in class economy of 15.4 km/l in manual transmission and 16 km/l in the automatic version respectively. The Diesel delivers maximum power of 100PS@3600rpm and maximum torque of 200Nm@1750 rpm and fuel economy of 21.9km/l.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Yoichiro Ueno, President & CEO, Honda Cars India Limited said, “India is a key market for Honda and as part of our business expansion, we are focusing on increasing our customer base with new model introductions. The launch of BR-V marks Honda’s entry into the popular compact SUV segment. Customers can experience the outstanding appearance of an SUV and benefit from the versatility and comfort of its spacious 3 row interiors. We are confident that BR-V will strongly appeal to the customers and accelerate our growth while strengthening our brand presence in the country.”
Sporting a bold and wide stance from the front, the exterior design of Honda BR-V is striking and reflects toughness and macho character. The BR-V interiors boast of a sporty all black colour theme, futuristic dashboard design, high quality material and a highly versatile, comfortable and spacious 3 row cabin.
The outstanding package of the BR-V is based on Honda’s Man Maximum Machine Minimum concept to create Maximum space for the occupants offering significantly high Headroom, Legroom and Knee room.
20 Key Features of the BRV are as follows:
1) Projector Headlamps & LED Position lamps.
2) Silver Finish roof rails
3) Connected tail light design with LED Light Guide at the rear
4) All-new 16 inch aluminium wheels
5) Dual SRS Air Bags as Standard offering across all variants
6) Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) & Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
7) Sports Car inspired paddle shifters located behind the steering spoke
8) White lit 3D Speedometer with Multi Information Display
9) Leather Seats coupled with leather wrapped steering wheel, leather Gear Knob and leather Door Armrests
10) Push Button Start with Smart Entry
11) Steering mounted controls for Audio & Integrated Bluetooth Audio System with Hands Free Telephone (HFT)
12) Automatic Air Conditioning and Power Foldable ORVMs
13) 2nd Row seat features a 60:40 Split with Slide and Recline option
14) 3rd row seat is a 50:50 spilt folding type which can be reclined for extra comfort
15) Cargo area for BR-V is a generous 223 L which can been enhanced to 691 L on folding the 3rd row.
16) One-touch tumble second-row seat & Adjustable Headrests on all 3 rows
17) Minimum Turning Radius of 5.3 m (petrol) and 5.5 m (Diesel)
18) McPherson Strut suspension in the front and Torsion beam rear suspension
19) Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body enhances self-protection
20) Pretentioner seat belts with load limiters
The BR-V is available in 4 grades offered in petrol and diesel variants – E, S, V and VX with Manual Transmission. Additionally, the BR-V will be available in CVT in V petrol variant.
The BR-V is available in 6 Exciting exterior colors – Carnelian Red Pearl, White Orchid Pearl, Alabaster Silver Metallic, Golden brown Metallic, Urban Titanium Metallic, Alabaster Silver Metallic and Taffeta White
The BR-V comes with a 3-years Unlimited Km warranty as standard value for all customers with another 2 years of optional extended warranty.
Launch Price (Ex-Showroom Navi Mumbai):
E: INR 8.75 Lac
S: INR 9.90 Lac
V: INR 10.90 Lac
VX: INR 11.84 Lac
V-CVT: INR 11.99 Lac
E: INR 9.90 Lac
S: INR 10.99 Lac
V: INR 11.85 Lac
VX: INR 12.90 Lac