Skoda Rapid facelift gets major updates on the outside and under the hood.
Skoda is all set to launch the Rapid Facelift on November 3 and few dealerships have begun receiving early stock of the 2017 cars. The car has been spotted several times without being camaflouged, showing the new front face and other minor updates.
Key details on the 2017 SKODA Rapid
- The front end looks similar to the global Rapid and other Skoda models like the Fabia and Octavia with a wider ‘butterfly’ grille, projector headlamps and small strip of LED DRLs available), `
- The front bumper is new with a cleaner design, squarish foglamps and wider mesh
- Side profiles looks more sharper mainly due to the new front and rear design changes
- Side indicator is relocated to the ORVM
- Rear gets new bumpers and restyled tail lamps
- Interiors largely unchanged but gets a new touchscreen entertainment system with MirrorLink and Bluetooth support, GPS-guided navigation and reverse parking camera similar to VW Ameo
- New diesel engine which produces a higher 110 PS of max power and 250 Nm of torque
- To be available with both 5 speed MT and 7 speed DSG
- Will be powered by the existing petrol engine with a 5-speed manual or 6-speed automatic
The Rapid facelift will be priced slightly higher than the outgoing model.
The entry model from SKODA will compete with the likes of Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Nissan Sunny and Renault Scala.