Chevrolet debuts sporty new Spark Activ at Los Angeles.
Chevrolet introduced the 2017 Spark ACTIV, a sportier take on the brand’s versatile, connected mini-car, featuring trail-inspired accents and upscale features that complement its urban-chic design.
Spark ACTIV (Beat Activ) features unique front and rear fascias with accents influenced by off-road skidplates, as well as a new 15-inch wheel design and a revised suspension that increases the ride height by 0.4 inch (10 mm).
Key features on the Spark Activ (Beat Activ)
- Specific grille pattern with ACTIV nameplate
- Round fog lamps and fog lamp housings integrated in the front fascia
- Contrasting wheelhouse moldings and hatchback cladding
- Rocker moldings
- Roof rails
The interior features standard black, heated leatherette front seats and a leather-wrapped steering wheel, along with these features:
- Chevrolet MyLink with a 7-inch-diagonal color touchscreen and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility (subject to their terms, privacy statements and data plan rates, as well as a compatible smartphone)
- Rear-vision camera system
- SiriusXM satellite radio (three months)
- OnStar Guidance Plan (three months)
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot (three-month/3GB data trial)
- Air conditioning
- Cruise control
- Remote keyless entry
- Steering wheel controls for phone and audio system
- Power windows with Express Up/Down
Note – The above features are offered on the global Spark Activ.
Spark Activ will be sold as Beat Activ in the Indian market.
The Beat Activ concept was showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo and will be headed to India in 2017 with the launch of the new Beat hatchback. The Indian version will lose many of the features like cruise control, hotspot, satellite radio and rear vision camera.
The 2017 Beat will mostly likely be launched in the first quarter of 2017 and the Activ variant could see commercial launch in 6 months.