BMW previewed the new X6 M Sports Activity Vehicle at the BMW M festival in Goa. This is for the first time in Indian both the X5 M and X6 M has been showcased before the official launch in India which is most likely to happen in October.
The BMW X6 M is the high performance version of the X6 Sports Activity Vehicle which was introduced in the Indian market a few months back.
In terms of design the front of the car is dominated by commanding air inlets and a wide M double-bridge kidney grille, striking headlights with LED DRLs. The coupé-like silhouette is dominated with M side skirts and a two-part crease line with large 21-inch M light alloy wheels and rear spoiler to reduce rear-axle lift.
Directly below are the M rear apron and the diffuser, which are surrounded by a pair of gleaming double tailpipe finishers to bring things to a sporty end.
The interiors come with M multifunctional seats with high side, 3-spoke M leather steering wheel with integrated gearshift paddles, M gear stick and the dynamics buttons (located in the centre console) which are orientated towards the driver, use of exclusive materials such as the full-leather Aragon Brown upholstery and the high-gloss trim finishers in carbon or fine-wood.
The X6 M is powered by the same motor which also does duty on the X5 M, the 4.4-litre M TwinPower Turbo V8 engine with two TwinScroll turbochargers. The engines produces 575 hp and 750 Nm and is mated to a newly developed eight-speed M Steptronic automatic transmission now featuring Drivelogic.
The BMW X5 M key highlights
- Long Beach Blue metallic color
- Exhaust tailpipe, visible, quad, Chrome
- Extended Merino leather upholstery
- Exterior trim, High-gloss Shadowline
- Extended Merino leather Silver stone upholstery
- Emergency spare wheel
- Soft-close function
- Rear view camera
- BMW Individual roof rails high gloss
- Roller sunblind for rear side windows
- M aerodynamic bodystyling
- M Exterior mirrors – folding, automatically dimming, aspheric, heated, with electric adjustment
- M Instrument panel
- M Mobility tyre sealing system
- M multi-function leather steering wheel with gearshift paddles
- M rear spoiler
- M Sport seats, front
- Interior trim finishers in Carbon Fibre
- M TwinPower Turbo V8 petrol engine
- X6 M designation on tailgate
- Navigation system – BMW Professional Multimedia
- Head-up Display with M-specific displays
- iDrive Touch Controller with shortcut buttons