GAME ON say’s BMW India. The German Luxury car maker which remained silent in the first six months of the year is now gearing up for the festive season. After launching the all-new 1 Series in the Indian market BMW is all set to launch the facelifted 5 Series in the Indian market on the 10th of October.
Game’s on say BMW India. The German Luxury car maker which remained silent in the first six months of the year is now gearing up for the festive season. After launching the all-new 1-Series in the Indian market BMW is all set to launch the facelifted 5-Series in the Indian market on the 10th of October.
With Mercedes-Benz launching the facelifted E-Class in July followed by Audi which introduced the updated A6 with a new petrol engine option, BMW spared no time to get the 5 Series to the Indian shores. The sedan gets minor updates on the outside and inside including a new technology and engine options.
On the outside:
The 2014 5 Series comes with sharper sporty edges, additional contour lines for the BMW kidney grille surround and the restructured lower air intake. Other features include:
- Xenon headlights as standard across the range
- Adaptive LED Headlights with sweeping chrome inserts with engraved BMW lettering
- Side indicators are now integrated into the exterior mirrors
- Newly structured rear lights with contoured LED light strips
- Two new trims: Luxury Line and Modern Line
On the Inside:
- High-quality chrome trim strips around the Central Display of the iDrive operating system
- Increased capacity of the storage compartments and cup holders
- Standard iDrive with Navigation system which features a touchpad surface allowing character recognition
- Optional Comfort Access system allows the tailgate to be opened and closed hands-free with a movement of the foot under the rear bumper
- New rear-seat entertainment system features new tablet-style displays.
- All new Harman Kardon Surround Sound system
- Ambient light option which can alternate the interior color between orange and white
- New glare-free High Beam Assistant and the BMW Night Vision system includes human & animal detection
- Dynamic Light Spot function
Under the hood the 5 Series gets Euro 6 complaint engines which will be detuned to meet the Indian fuel quality levels. BMW will continue to offer the 520i petrol and the 520d, 525d and 530d diesel models. The top of the line 535i could be offered on order only. Chances of the base 518d to make in India looks very slim. The same engine is also offered on the recently launched 1 series.
BMW may also launch the performance version of the 5 Series M5 along with the new 5 Series in India. Prices could be revised on the upper side but BMW may play safe and keep the prices competitive.
Internationally the 5 Series comes with four versions – sedan, Touring, Gran Turismo and ActiveHybrid 5. In India only the sedan & Gran Turismo are on sale.