German luxury car maker Audi will be launching the diesel variant of the A4 sedan in February.
The company had initially launched the petrol version only.
Audi will strap the 2.0 TDI engine which is built for Euro VI-compatible fuel. The company deferred from launching new 2.0 litre diesel as the engine was not calibrated to be used for BS4 fuel.
The new EA288 2.0 TDI diesel engine develops 190Ps of max power. The power is up by 15 PS as compared to the diesel engine available on the older gen Audi A4. The engine will be paired with Audi S Tronic seven-speed dual-clutch automatic as standard.
Audi may skip the Ultra diesel range of engines for the Indian market.
The German luxury auto maker may also skip the all-wheel drive quattro variant with 3.0 TDI which was available on the previous gen models.
The Audi A4 will rival the BMW 3 Series, Mercedes-Benz C-Class and Jaguar XE.
Key features on the Audi A4 are:
- Audi Sound System with 10 loudspeakers including a centre speaker and a subwoofer, plus a 6-channel amplifier with a total output of 180 watts.
- Electrically adjustable front seats
- Audi Parking system plus with rear view camera
- Next Gen MMI control with high resolution 8.3 inch, colour MMI display
- LED Headlights
- The Audi Virtual Cockpit – Fully digital instrument cluster with high-resolution 12.3-inch colour display
- 3-zone deluxe automatic air conditioning