Jaguar announced the launch of the 2014 XJ flagship sedan in the Indian market at a starting price of Rs. 92.1 lakhs ex-showroom Mumbai . The big news is the XJ sedan will now be assembled in the Indian market with the 3.0 diesel engine to start with. This is the second product from Jaguar to be assembled in India, the first being the XF 3.0 diesel engine.
The XJ will be available in two derivatives, the Premium Luxury and Portfolio. New features include the upgraded rear seat comfort pack with three massage seat functions, increased rear headroom, electric rear side window blinds, LED reading lights, 25.9 cm (10.2) rear screens (Rear Seat Entertainment System) and a new rear business table.
Under the hood the XJ is available with a choice of two engines. The 2.0 litre i4 Turbocharged petrol engine offers both efficiency and fuel economy while producing 240PS of max power and 340Nm torque and does 0-100km/h in only 7.5 seconds. The 3.0 Litre V6 Turbocharged diesel develops 275PS of power and 600Nm torque and sprints from 0-100km/h in just 6.4 seconds. Jaguar has ditched the 5.0 Supercharged Petrol for now and may introduce the in the future.
Transmission option includes 8-speed Automatic with Jaguar Sequential Shift which provides the choice of Drive, Sport or Manual gearshift modes, with one-touch paddles mounted behind the steering wheel to control changes manually.
Key features on the Premium variant
- 18″ Meru alloy wheels
- Soft grain leather seats (20/20 way) with electric driver’s and passenger’s adjustment and drivers 3 position memory
- Jaguar Smart Key System™ with Keyless entry
- Meridian Audio System (380W)
- Rear parking aid with Touch-screen visual indicator
Key features on the Portfolio variant
- 19″ Toba alloy wheels
- Soft grain leather seats (20/20 way) with ventilated heated and cooled front and rear seats
- Meridian™ 825W Surround Sound System with 20 speakers and single slot CD
- Bi-function HID Xenon headlamps with Adaptive Front Lighting, cornering lamps and intelligent high beam
- Four zone automatic climate control
Other standard features include:
- Panaromic sunroof
- Rear parking aid with visual indicator
- Power boot lid with height adjustment
- Virtual information display
- Rear Seat Comfort Pack which includes reclining seats, four-way adjustment for the lower back, a massage feature, footrests and winged headrests. Rear-seat passengers can also move the front seat forward at the touch of a button to create more leg room
The Jaguar XJ will have to battle with new S-Class which has set new benchmarks in the luxury segment followed by the face lifted Audi A8L and BMW 7 Series.