The zero depreciation car insurance cover is quite popular. Such a cover protects your vehicle from age-related depreciation. So you always stand to make a full claim. Take a look at this article to know why it is a good idea for you to opt for such a cover when you buy or renew your motor insurance policy online.
A simple comprehensive car insurance policy may not have the zero depreciation coverage inbuilt. It needs to be purchased as an add-on and hence an additional premium needs to be paid for the same. It is one of the most important additional coverage features offered for car insurance policies and should be opted as long as you get. This rider is available only for cars till 5 years. After the 5th renewal, this rider may not be available. So, take it while it lasts as the depreciation cost hits you the most in the initial years!
Top #5 Reasons to opt for a zero depreciation car insurance cover.
- It keeps the value intact: Depreciation is a common phenomenon. It happens with all objects, vehicles included. So as soon as your car leaves the showroom, its value begins to depreciate. The value falls every year. This makes its vehicle insurance cover lower too. In other words, an older car has lower insurance protection. However, most people keep their vehicles for a few years, with very few changing their cars every year or so. If you too like driving a car for a good number of years before changing it, you should opt for a zero dep cover.
- It reduces your financial burden: As mentioned above, you get to make a complete claim for your vehicle if there is an accident or theft. In the absence of a zero depreciation cover, you would get a lower claim amount on your car insurance online plan. This will depend on how old your car is. For instance, if your tire gets stolen and your car is a few years old, you may just get a part of the tire cost back through the claim. But you will still need to pay for the whole new tire! If you have this cover, you get the full amount and it reduces your own financial burden.
- It helps you make an appropriate claim: You don’t have to worry about taking out the calculator and seeing how much you can claim for. If you have a zero depreciation car insurance cover, you can just go ahead and claim the highest amount from your insurance provider. This helps to make the most suitable claim.
- It is economical: A zero depreciation vehicle insurance cover is economical. When you compare the claim you get in relation to the premium you pay, you see an instant gain. You have to remember that if your car gets stolen, you will hardly ever find an exact same model of the exact same age and price to buy. In all likelihood, you will have to go in for a newer model that will cost more. So you need a car insurance online plan that will cover the entire cost.
- It is very easy to own: Last but not least, it is extremely easy for you to buy and own such a cover. You can go online, run a comparison between the available options and make an instant purchase. There are many good plans available from almost every Indian general insurance provider. Compare, go over the features and make a proper purchase with a lot of conveniences.
Keep these points in mind when you go shopping for your ideal car insurance cover. You will then be able to judge whether or not you need a zero depreciation cover. However, it is highly advisable for you to do so!
As you can clearly see from the points mentioned above, the zero depreciation cover is hugely beneficial. If you are looking to get a new car insurance plan soon, do consider getting the advantages of a zero depreciation car insurance cover too.