We list down 25 Key Features of the Datsun redi-GO to understand why you should buy this car
The Redi-Go from Datsun is publicized as India’s first Urban Cross. Based on the ‘Yukan’ design philosophy which seeks to create vehicles that are Bold, Compact and Crisp; the Redi-Go promises Ready-to-go Confidence, Amazing Performance and generous Cabin space and Convenience.
So here we look at 25 key features of the newest kid on the block
1) Unique Design: The redi-GO is a striking Urban-Crossover styled in Japan and manufactured in India. It feels fresh, modern and premium at its price-point.
2) Tall Boy Stance: its heightened stance of 1541mm means the occupants sit higher and the driver too enjoys a commanding view of the road ahead.
3) Compact Dimensions: Compact dimensions of 3429mm (length) x 1560mm (width) x 1541mm (height) make it a very practical car for city usage.
4) Ground Clearance: Best-in-class ground clearance of 185mm helps the redi-GO to travel over rough patches and speed-breakers without any damage to its undercarriage.
5) Daytime Running Lights: DRLs on the redi-Go look add to the safety factor and they look cool too.
6) Cabin Space: The redi-Go offers generous cabin space for all its occupants, better than any other vehicle in its class.
7) Engine Performance: It gets a 799cc, i-SAT (Intelligent Spark Automated Technology) engine that generates high power, high torque while offers smooth performance too.
8) Driver Airbag: The redi-GO gets a Driver Airbag for added protection in the event of a collision.
9) Adaptive Electric Power Steering: The redi-Go’s speed sensitive steering ensures that the car remains light to manoeuvre at slow city speeds while gaining firmness at higher speeds.
10) Small Turning Radius: A relatively small turning radius of 4.7 metre comes handy when you find yourself in a tight spot.
11) Boot Space: Adequate boot space of 222 Litres is perfect for weekend trips of a small family. For larger items, the rear seat can be dropped down to substantially increase luggage space.
12) Quick Cool Air-conditioning: The redi-GO has a dedicated central AC vent on the dashboard to ensure quick cooling for the rear-seat passengers.
13) Digital Tachometer: The digital tachometer looks modern and gives a stylish touch to the instrument panel.
14) Audio System: The car gets a decent audio system with USB, AUX, AM/FM Radio, CD and MP3.
15) Cabin Conveniences: A fatigue-free seat design, open storage shelf on dashboard, a glove box, 2 cup holders in the console and a 12V outlet for charging electronic devices makes the cabin a comfortable and convenient place.
16) Fuel Economy: Datsun claims that the redi-GO will deliver best-in-class fuel economy of 25.17 kmpl
17) Efficient Braking: The Performance Augmented Brakes (PAB) result in shortest braking distance
18) Superior Suspension System: The S-TECH 2 suspension system in the redi-GO ensures high stability and comfortable travel.
19) Strong Body Shell: The Reinforced Crash Protection Shell (R-CPS) gives better protection to occupants due to a strong body shell that absorbs the impact on collision.
20) Colour Options: the urban cross is available in 5 colours – Ruby, White, Lime, Silver & Grey.
21) Personalisation Options: The redi-Go can be decorated with up to 50 accessories. It also gets 5 personalized kit options – Urban Kit, Style Kit, Kool Kit, Easy Kit (Sporty) and Easy Kit (Premium)
22) Warranty: A 2 year/unlimited kilometres standard warranty which can be topped with additional 3 years/unlimited kms warranty gives redi-Go owners the option of up to 5 years of coverage.
23) Lowest Cost of Ownership: The redi-GO promises 32% lower cost of ownership than the competition which results in savings and peace of mind for redi-Go owners.
24) Pricing: The redi-GO range starts from Rs.2.49 lacs which is very competitive considering that the Renault Kwid starts from Rs.2.90 lacs, Maruti Alto 800 from Rs.3.15 lacs & Hyundai Eon from Rs.3.12 lacs. (All prices are Ex-Showroom Mumbai)
25) Ease of Booking: Booking can be done via ‘Datsun India App’ that can be easily downloaded from the Google Play Store.
Renault Kwid, Maruti Suzuki Alto 800, Hyundai Eon and Tata Nano
Also read – Datsun redi-Go review, India’s first Urban Cross